Salami!

The Rebels Drive-In Movie theater. A forum to share your videos, and also a place to get help with making videos from our upstanding rebel experts.
musicturtle

Salami!

Post by musicturtle »

Here is a link to the video for the latest kids ear worm.

[BBvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuddDYxiI5U[/BBvideo]
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Re: Salami!

Post by WhiskeyJack »

AWESOME!

[mention]musicturtle[/mention] what are the hand gestures? IS that ASL or something music related?
:happytrees:
musicturtle

Post by musicturtle »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:44 pm AWESOME!

@musicturtle what are the hand gestures? IS that ASL or something music related?
Thanks!

The hand signs are solfege. Taught to children as they sing the notes of the major scale. The idea is you learn the relationships between the pitches and then you can sing in any key if given the tonic or home tone. I mainly teach do, re, mi, so and la. The 1,2,3,5,6 scale degrees. Also known as the pentatonic scale. Which from playing guitar, you probably know well.

Here are all the signs
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

You've made the fundamental mistake of filming yourself on or wearing a green screen!

To the internet!
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

musicturtle wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:02 pm Which from playing guitar, you probably know well.
LOL. you think so highly of me. :lollers2: :lollers2:

I don't know jack about any theory beyond the names of some big boy chords. [mention]JD01[/mention] and i were going to have some google video chat dates where he was going to teach me scales but my work got busy and i couldn't meet him in the time slots that worked for him sadly. Stupid time differences. Although the exercises he gave me to practice before we kicked off were a bit of a help and led me down a bit of a youtube rabbit hole that helped a wee bit with my fingering and stuff. But i've no idea what he was going to teach me? Some basic scales if i recall correctly.

I'll keep this "handy" little chart saved to my desk top just to have.
:happytrees:
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Id forgotten about that. If you're ever free WJ
musicturtle

Post by musicturtle »

vomitHatSteve wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:13 am You've made the fundamental mistake of filming yourself on or wearing a green screen!

To the internet!
Haha, I guess I did. I tried to put some background on there but the lighting was too poor and it looked really bad.

Oh well, if someone wants to take the time to edit my arm into a strange background, more power to 'em.