I mean, really...

New Guitar Day? Obsessed with tone? 10 on the volume dial not enough? Celestion vs. Electrovoice? Cum in, feel the noize.
Greg_L

I mean, really...

Post by Greg_L »

This thing is the sexiest guitar ever, right?

Rebel Yell
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Re: I mean, really...

Post by WhiskeyJack »

:happytrees: Yes. It's up there.
:happytrees:
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Yes, yes it is.
Rebel Yell
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Really random / dumb question greg, when you track your guitars are you in the same room as them? how do you even hear the reference tracks?
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

yessir!

I want the purple one with the white p'ups
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:36 am Really random / dumb question greg, when you track your guitars are you in the same room as them? how do you even hear the reference tracks?
Most of the time, yes I'm in the same room. I like the pushback of the loud amps and feedback when it happens. I don't really know how to describe it. I'm pushing sound out of the guitar into the amps, the amps are trying to jamb it back in. It's a fight between man and machine and for me it usually results in good stuff.

As for hearing the reference tracks....iso headphones. I don't monitor what I'm tracking. I just listen to the drums and play along. I use Vic Firth drum tracking headphones. They don't sound good, but they give of isolation. I can stand next to cranked amps and it's no big deal.
Rebel Yell
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Greg_L wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:56 am
WhiskeyJack wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:36 am Really random / dumb question greg, when you track your guitars are you in the same room as them? how do you even hear the reference tracks?
Most of the time, yes I'm in the same room. I like the pushback of the loud amps and feedback when it happens. I don't really know how to describe it. I'm pushing sound out of the guitar into the amps, the amps are trying to jamb it back in. It's a fight between man and machine and for me it usually results in good stuff.

As for hearing the reference tracks....iso headphones. I don't monitor what I'm tracking. I just listen to the drums and play along. I use Vic Firth drum tracking headphones. They don't sound good, but they give of isolation. I can stand next to cranked amps and it's no big deal.
Yea see, this is my conundrum. I love sort of having my cab in another room and the idea of doing it that way is kind of cool or whatever, but i love that added little bit of whatever sorcery is going on when i have the cab in the same room as me and my guitar is making sweet love to the amp and making it feedback. I love that.

Iso headphones. Seems to easy.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Greg, I love your Nirvana tribute guitar

Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:23 am

Yea see, this is my conundrum. I love sort of having my cab in another room and the idea of doing it that way is kind of cool or whatever, but i love that added little bit of whatever sorcery is going on when i have the cab in the same room as me and my guitar is making sweet love to the amp and making it feedback. I love that.

Iso headphones. Seems to easy.
I put my cabs out in another room sometimes if I have a part where I don't want wild feedback coming in.
Rebel Yell
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

JD01 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:21 am Greg, I love your Nirvana tribute guitar

Thanks. I hope your new Nickelback tribute guitar works out for you too.
Rebel Yell
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Greg_L wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:10 am
JD01 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:21 am Greg, I love your Nirvana tribute guitar

Thanks. I hope your new Nickelback tribute guitar works out for you too.
haha, fortunately there's no birds, no quilted maple cap, no carved top. The only concession to PRSness is the shape of the headstock. I'm intrigued to see whether I get on with the pickups, I've played one before and it was nice to play.

To be fair to Kurt Cobain, that's a fucking lovely Mosrite and your Hallmark one is lovely too.
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

It's nice, very nice. Almost as nice as a cherry red SG. :D
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

rammer24 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:36 am It's nice, very nice. Almost as nice as a cherry red SG. :D
Yeah I got one of those too! :guitarhero: :coolstorybro:
Rebel Yell