JOAN of ARC done & dusted.

The Rebels Drive-In Movie theater. A forum to share your videos, and also a place to get help with making videos from our upstanding rebel experts.
rayc

JOAN of ARC done & dusted.

Post by rayc »

[BBvideo=560,315]https://youtu.be/eDnfUPI8LNg [/BBvideo]
Cheers
rayc
rayc

Bad As You May Suspect VIDEO

Post by rayc »

Really? That bad?
Cheers
rayc
Greg_L

Re: JOAN of ARC done & dusted.

Post by Greg_L »

Sorry Ray I just now saw this.

I think you should get rid of the "live" parts. The lip syncs don't come close to syncing up. It's weird. Or alternatively, spend more time getting the edits and sync better. The mix sounds pretty good though. Even through youtube.
Rebel Yell
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Sorry. I didn't want to be the first comment, and then I forgot about it.

The green screen shots of the vocalist are cool, but the one of him in his room (with the hat), just seems misplaced.
I'd also check your public domain footage and try to cut out any text that isn't yours. (watermarks, etc)
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

HA! I love the Global news watermark !! lol. I somehow missed this as well and my apologies to you both it is pretty cool effort start to finish.

I concur with the Greg that there is some syncing issues but i really think that it sort of lends itself to the whole thing and the texture of it. Looks like a really old 70's or 80's kind of video so the syncing going in and out works for me on my end.
:happytrees:
rayc

Post by rayc »

Greg_L wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:22 am Sorry Ray I just now saw this.

I think you should get rid of the "live" parts. The lip syncs don't come close to syncing up. It's weird. Or alternatively, spend more time getting the edits and sync better. The mix sounds pretty good though. Even through youtube.
Thanks Greg, Steve & Shan,
The synch shifts between editing and rendering...rather weird really. I think it may be a result of the four payers of video the thing seems to slow down in vid while remaining constant with audio. It may be the effort needed for the Green Screen stuff. I had to cut Chris into phrases to make it fit & then it didn't anyway. I have found that the fewer edits the smoother & better synched the vid is. I gave up after the seventh attempt. I might have to spend money and buy a prog that's decent.
Cheers
rayc
musicturtle

Post by musicturtle »

Yeah [mention]rayc[/mention] I like the overall feel of the video.

I agree the sync issues are distracting.

I just ran into this putting together a 35+ minute video for the end school with various speeches and what not.

I had to go bad and render again several files making sure all the formats matched exactly. It was a pain.