Foo Fighters for Letter F

The Rebels Drive-In Movie theater. A forum to share your videos, and also a place to get help with making videos from our upstanding rebel experts.
musicturtle

Foo Fighters for Letter F

Post by musicturtle »

Here's the next one. Tried out a different mic this time. Used a Zoom Handy H1n. Much easier than plugging into the interface and all that. I think it came out sounding pretty good with some minor sound editing, and a touch of reverb :)

[BBvideo=560,315]https://youtu.be/DCNwsZKNtmc[/BBvideo]
liv_rong

Re: Foo Fighters for Letter F

Post by liv_rong »

Nice man! Tell me about the guitar, it looks like mine.
musicturtle

Post by musicturtle »

liv_rong wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:54 am Nice man! Tell me about the guitar, it looks like mine.
Thanks Liv.

The guitar is a Takamine GD20CE-NS. Has a built in tuner and electronics. Don't know if you can see here but it has a split bridge as well. It goes for about 450 new. The PTO at my school bought it a few years back for my classroom guitar and I have to say I really like it. It plays great and has good intonation. I have a Martin at home but there are days I think I like this one more.
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

musicturtle wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:51 am

Thanks Liv.

The guitar is a Takamine GD20CE-NS. Has a built in tuner and electronics. Don't know if you can see here but it has a split bridge as well. It goes for about 450 new. The PTO at my school bought it a few years back for my classroom guitar and I have to say I really like it. It plays great and has good intonation. I have a Martin at home but there are days I think I like this one more.
Cool, it sounds good. It looked similar to mine, but mine is cheaper. I have a GS330S its just a regular old fashioned acoustic.
rayc

Post by rayc »

Well done Tony. I watched/listened n commented on Utub.
Cheers
rayc
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Nice work.

This is a song that has to be stripped down a LOT to work on acoustic, huh?
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Great job man!!! You are really banging these out i dig it!!! Good song choice too. Did you ever see that video from italy where like 1000 musicians get together in a field and play this song. Pretty remarkable really. Not sure it could have really worked with many other songs. Worth checking out.
:happytrees:
musicturtle

Post by musicturtle »

vomitHatSteve wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:54 am Nice work.

This is a song that has to be stripped down a LOT to work on acoustic, huh?
Thanks!
Yeah I was a little worried how it would turn out without drums, they are such a an important part of the groove how they change from verse to chorus.
WhiskeyJack wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:29 pm Great job man!!! You are really banging these out i dig it!!! Good song choice too. Did you ever see that video from italy where like 1000 musicians get together in a field and play this song. Pretty remarkable really. Not sure it could have really worked with many other songs. Worth checking out.
Thanks! I just checked that out...very cool.
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

Good stuff Mr T!

I'd better get my act together. I actually have a mini gig in about 2 weeks time, perhaps I can just video that. 😄