I’m gonna try YouTube

The Rebels Drive-In Movie theater. A forum to share your videos, and also a place to get help with making videos from our upstanding rebel experts.
liv_rong

I’m gonna try YouTube

Post by liv_rong »

I mean, gonna create some videos. I’ve uploaded videos before on different accounts I have, you may have even watched them here. But I wanted to attempt to create some of what the kids call “content” or something.

I have had ideas in my head for a while but nothing really clicked until recently. I do a fair amount of public speaking for work and am pretty comfortable with it, even though I don’t have a voice for radio lol. I thought it would be kind of fun to share all my hobbies in short little videos about my dad life and dad hobbies. Also I can use my own music which will likely get more listens than otherwise 😂

I’m not sure how this will evolve or how long it will hold my interest but I have a bunch of ideas and stuff I’m already working on. I want to do some DIY stuff from around the house and short simple how to vids, dad stuff. This video idea I’m about to post just came to me today.

Planning on just using my phone for now for recording and editing.

I didn’t post this in the video section because it’s not music related. If you think it should be there please move it.

[BBvideo=560,315]https://youtu.be/KPrwhx9JLcE[/BBvideo]
rayc

Re: I’m gonna try YouTube

Post by rayc »

Good luck with it.
The vid started out with a good dose of sarcasm and satire but you lost me at the "unboxing", the product review didn't help and the purpose of the item took it to the next level down.
Keep up the satire/sarcasm element.
Your voice is fine for video - no probs at all.
Cheers
rayc
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

rayc wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:44 pm Good luck with it.
The vid started out with a good dose of sarcasm and satire but you lost me at the "unboxing", the product review didn't help and the purpose of the item took it to the next level down.
Thanks for the words!

I’m not really attempting to do in-depth reviews with the impulse buys videos, just a video of an impulse buy with a quick overview of why I bought it. I understand why you wouldn’t like the product and my goal is not to highlight that type of thing, it’s just one of the hobbies I enjoy.

Coming down the pipe are a video of a lemonade stand I’m building for/with the kids, a couple videos on adjusting derailleurs and brakes on bicycles, dove hunting gear including opening day footage and of course a weekly impulse buy video. I’ll eventually get into my music hobby talking about my room and how I use it but I need to come up with a unique way to discuss it instead of the typical “home studio tour” type of video.
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

liv_rong wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:55 pm
rayc wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:44 pm Good luck with it.
a couple videos on adjusting derailleurs and brakes on bicycles,
Let me know when you get to these ones! :like:
rayc

Post by rayc »

I still reckon you should skip the "unboxing". Show the box & then the contents maybe. The impulse thing'll be interesting - I don't do it much - poor beginnings mean I'm still a little frugal.
Cheers
rayc
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

mark me interested ...... I'm kinda wanting to dip a toe in the video pond so I'm sure I'll learn a bit here.

I agree that you on't need to show the actual cardboard box opening but this is a short vid so it's not like it's that long.

Also those aren't ammo boxes ..... those are to keep your different strains of weed separated and safe from the elements.
Not sure how you made that mistake!
Tadpui

Post by Tadpui »

Love it! I say keep the unboxings, people love that shit for some reason. As long as it isn't too long and labored, it adds a little interest and suspense.

Video quality and lighting are excellent, well done! Even on my phone, I could see and hear everything clearly.
musicturtle

Post by musicturtle »

Cool [mention]liv_rong[/mention]

Your voice, is fine for video. I cannot believe you cannot resell those boxes though :lollers2:

I don't mind the unboxing, if you have the option on your video editor, you could fast forward through part maybe if you wanted to. But then you couldn't speak over it as well.

Anyway, good luck, I subbed, and will look for your stuff in the future. :like:
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Thanks guys! Yeah, I'm not too big on unboxing but figured Ill go through it quick every time and part of the excitement of an internet impulse buy is opening the package when it arrives lol.
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

And another one for today:

[BBvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI-xC-Ro40E[/BBvideo]
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

This fucking rad [mention]liv_rong[/mention] !!!! Please do this channel!!! I have already sent the link to my brother. You two have a lot in common. I think he will get a kick out of it liv.

Beautiful Fmaily homeboy!!! Love the drill lessons!!! hahaha
:happytrees:
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Moving this to video thread. .....
:happytrees:
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:46 pm This fucking rad @liv_rong !!!! Please do this channel!!! I have already sent the link to my brother. You two have a lot in common. I think he will get a kick out of it liv.

Beautiful Fmaily homeboy!!! Love the drill lessons!!! hahaha
Thanks dude! More on the way!
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

These are cool man.
I'm diggin' them!
rayc

Post by rayc »

Iz Gud.
Cheers
rayc
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

liv_rong wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:02 pm [BBvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq8vFavrC60[/BBvideo]
Cop: Well Mr. liv_rong, I pulled you over today for....wait, what's in that bag?
liv: It's an emergency safety kit, sir.
Cop: Open it up slowly.
liv: *opens bag to reveal contents*
Cop: What you got there is an abduction/murder kit. *pulls gun* GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE CAR AND GET ON THE FUCKING GROUND!
liv: Wait, what?????
Cop: Shoots liv_rong in the face.
The end.
Rebel Yell
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Greg_L wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:54 am
liv_rong wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:02 pm [BBvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq8vFavrC60[/BBvideo]
Cop: Well Mr. liv_rong, I pulled you over today for....wait, what's in that bag?
liv: It's an emergency safety kit, sir.
Cop: Open it up slowly.
liv: *opens bag to reveal contents*
Cop: What you got there is an abduction/murder kit. *pulls gun* GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE CAR AND GET ON THE FUCKING GROUND!
liv: Wait, what?????
Cop: Shoots liv_rong in the face.
The end.
You'll need a spare car battery to really make use of those jumper cables in the abduction/murder kit
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Lol 😂
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »