I'm buying this

General recording topics.
Lt. Bob

I'm buying this

Post by Lt. Bob »

JD01

Re: I'm buying this

Post by JD01 »

Lt. Bob wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 12:25 pm https://www.tascam.eu/en/dr-680mkii.html

Should be handy
Are you gonna record one of your whole live shows, mate?
Would be great to get a video too - there's plenty of us here that could synch up the video and recorded audio for you.

Next time you've got a mammoth 3hr plus show you should film it so there's a record before you finally retire!
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

JD01 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 12:41 pm
Lt. Bob wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 12:25 pm https://www.tascam.eu/en/dr-680mkii.html

Should be handy
Would be great to get a video too - there's plenty of us here that could synch up the video and recorded audio for you.

Next time you've got a mammoth 3hr plus show you should film it so there's a record before you finally retire!
I am ...... actually I've always recorded my gigs all the way back to using a Dat-Walkman and even cassette recorders ..... I have hundreds (thousands?) of hours of recordings but they're always just stereo and while they're nice for me to have the remembrances, they're not good enough for me to show a bunch of recording enthusiasts.
So this'll be cool because it has separate outs for each channel ..... most of them just have a usb for file transfers which is cool if you mix in the box but I don't so I need to be able to put each track into a channel of my board.

And I have a very cool band gig coming up on the 18th ..... just a three piece with the baddest harp player you ever heard out front.
So I'll be the git player in a 3 piece and though we only gig about once a year, it's always great and I get a lot of room to play.

I'm also planning on videoing it if I can get my old Zoom Q3 figured out.

And ALL my gigs are 4 hours at least.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Lt. Bob wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 1:06 pm
JD01 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 12:41 pm

I am ...... actually I've always recorded my gigs all the way back to using a Dat-Walkman and even cassette recorders ..... I have hundreds (thousands?) of hours of recordings but they're always just stereo and while they're nice for me to have the remembrances, they're not good enough for me to show a bunch of recording enthusiasts.
So this'll be cool because it has separate outs for each channel ..... most of them just have a usb for file transfers which is cool if you mix in the box but I don't so I need to be able to put each track into a channel of my board.

And I have a very cool band gig coming up on the 18th ..... just a three piece with the baddest harp player you ever heard out front.
So I'll be the git player in a 3 piece and though we only gig about once a year, it's always great and I get a lot of room to play.

I'm also planning on videoing it if I can get my old Zoom Q3 figured out.

And ALL my gigs are 4 hours at least.
I suppose finding a memory card where you can just leave a camera playing for 4 hours might be problematic... although I'm assuming you take breaks where you can switch over.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

That looks pretty sick BOB. and seems pretty tailored to what you do. I likely would pick it up if i were in your shoes.
:happytrees:
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

JD01 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 1:13 pm
I suppose finding a memory card where you can just leave a camera playing for 4 hours might be problematic... although I'm assuming you take breaks where you can switch over.
that's actually something I'm unclear about ..... how much time do I get with say, a 32G card?
I literally know nothing about video other than it's video.
lol
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

a quick google says at 1020 30fps you'd get a bit over 4 hours
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Lt. Bob wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 2:37 pm a quick google says at 1020 30fps you'd get a bit over 4 hours
Cool, that'll be alright then. Just set your gear up, then go and frame your shot so you know everything is in camera and remember to press play on both your camera and your audio gear before you start.

If I can't edit a video together for you I'm sure @Vomithatsteve will.
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

That little recorder looks great Bob...8 tracks at a time is awesome, especially for being so small...Technology we have now is awesome, I wish we'd had stuff like that when I was gigging...
Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Jackson
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH
TC Electronic, MXR, Yamaha

My music @ Reverbnation :minernuggs:
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

If you do record video, pay attention to the SD card speed specs. A card that does photos won't necessarily cope with video - much higher speed required.

For audio on your little Tascam I doubt it matters much.