Beta Website up and out there...

More bark, more bite, more licks for your tone. Get your custom wound pickups from "Mutt's dog house", our resident hound and luthier extraordinaire...

Moderator: muttley

muttley

Re: Beta Website up and out there...

Post by muttley »

Greg_L wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:59 pm Wow that's nice mutt.

I just gave it a quick look so far and everything seems easy to navigate and smartly laid out. I'll give it a deeper dive later.
:like:
jonny deep

Post by jonny deep »

muttley wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:12 pm
JD01 wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:59 pm On my phone (Samsung Galaxy S7) the dog is in the centre but Mutt*Pups is off to the right with the S partially off the screen.
Its spossed to be responsive but I havent checked all browsers and devices yet so thanks for the heads up... :like:
When the text moves onto the line below, it still has margin-left set to 20px. Maybe put margin-right on the logo instead.
muttley

Post by muttley »

jonny deep wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:30 pm
muttley wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:12 pm

Its spossed to be responsive but I havent checked all browsers and devices yet so thanks for the heads up... :like:
When the text moves onto the line below, it still has margin-left set to 20px. Maybe put margin-right on the logo instead.
I'll have to play with that.. First thing is try and reproduce it. The logo and Header txt are just default placed at present.. I aint no guru, this thing is built in woocommercew.. :redface:
jonny deep

Post by jonny deep »

muttley wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:41 pm
jonny deep wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:30 pm

I'll have to play with that.. First thing is try and reproduce it. The logo and Header txt are just default placed at present.. I aint no guru, this thing is built in woocommercew.. :redface:
Open site in Chrome, press F12 to open dev tools, press CTRL-SHIFT-M to switch to device mode, at the top of the page choose a mobile phone profile.
muttley

Post by muttley »

jonny deep wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:48 pm
muttley wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:41 pm

Open site in Chrome, press F12 to open dev tools, press CTRL-SHIFT-M to switch to device mode, at the top of the page choose a mobile phone profile.
:like: Thanks man... The woocomerce backend has a display picker but that is wayyy better... You live and learn.. :coolstorybro:
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Mutt i had a quick run through on my phone and on the browser and at a quick glance i catch nothing. I can do a fine tooth comb thing later. Armictice is a great proof reader too. He was a huge help with the forum here.

I will get you really good black logo with transparent background tonight when i get home from here. Or if you want another color let me know and i'll bang it out!
:happytrees:
muttley

Post by muttley »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:05 pm Mutt i had a quick run through on my phone and on the browser and at a quick glance i catch nothing. I can do a fine tooth comb thing later. Armictice is a great proof reader too. He was a huge help with the forum here.

I will get you really good black logo with transparent background tonight when i get home from here. Or if you want another color let me know and i'll bang it out!
What ever is good for you mate. I will link it off the home page for starters...

Proof reading wise the more the better but I aint at that stage really either yet. I need to get the layout and functionality first, then the content then I need to learn to spell... :redface:

Cheers to all of you. When Mutt*Pups hits the stock market I'm gifting you all shares... :biggrin:
JD01

Post by JD01 »

muttley wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:11 pm JD is a tosspot of the finest kind.
Just quoting for prosterity... also so there's still a record of your post if/when it actually happens.
muttley

Post by muttley »

JD01 wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:14 pm
muttley wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:11 pm Cheers to all of you. When Mutt*Pups hits the stock market I'm gifting you all shares... :biggrin:
Just quoting for prosterity... also so there's still a record of your post if/when it actually happens.
Lol... WJ made me mod of this section.. Bad luck... :nyuk:

Now where were we... :cool:
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

muttley wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:16 pm
JD01 wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:14 pm
Lol... WJ made me mod of this section.. Bad luck... :nyuk:

Now where were we... :cool:
Oh dude... way ahead of you. :lollers: :lollers: :lollers: :lollers:
muttley

Post by muttley »

Dont touch that dial.... :mad:
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

muttley wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:26 pm Dont touch that dial.... :mad:
I had to. Couldn't resist. You can put it back if you like.
muttley

Post by muttley »

I learned my modding skillz at HR is my favorite bumper sticker... :hitler:
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:05 pm Armictice is a great proof reader.
He didn't proof read this, obviously. :biggrin:
Haggard Musician :mad:
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

All this is beyond my skillset, beyond my pay grade.... fuck it, it's beyond my ken entirely.

It looks nice. :biggrin:
Haggard Musician :mad:
SweetDan

Post by SweetDan »

Do you intend to make use of the "Welcome", "Contact", and "Blog" sections? If not, rip 'em out of the site and the header bar. :D

(Actually, I could see you having a valid use for the "Contact" section, so maybe fill that one in with actual info and keep it.)

"Welcome" seems redundant with "About". And the "Blog", if kept up, would be an interesting place to put notes and things, but I'd almost rather see a site where everything else was good and up-to-date but there was no blog section, than a site where the blog ends up having a minuscule number of posts that are all about a century (internet time) old.
awesome youtube comment of the day
Lol it's still less satanic than whatever rituals Katie Perry and Taylor Swift do in their performances. 😂
muttley

Post by muttley »

SweetDan wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:28 pm Do you intend to make use of the "Welcome", "Contact", and "Blog" sections? If not, rip 'em out of the site and the header bar. :D

(Actually, I could see you having a valid use for the "Contact" section, so maybe fill that one in with actual info and keep it.)

"Welcome" seems redundant with "About". And the "Blog", if kept up, would be an interesting place to put notes and things, but I'd almost rather see a site where everything else was good and up-to-date but there was no blog section, than a site where the blog ends up having a minuscule number of posts that are all about a century (internet time) old.
Yeh I do, but those are one click to hide things so not bothering me too much now. I can see the blog section being useful as a kind of social stream, Contact will be updated and the welcome will go. Thats a generic home page option that comes with wordpress. Tomorrow I'm going to strip down a lot of that stuff and only add it back if I need it, right now as I'm focused on layout and function I'm tossing around options.. but yeh.. I would most likely replace "welcome" with a dedicated reviews page...
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

I'll have a typos/layout sweep for you in the next couple of the days when I get some downtime - sort of thing I do at work all the time.
muttley

Post by muttley »

Armistice wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:53 am I'll have a typos/layout sweep for you in the next couple of the days when I get some downtime - sort of thing I do at work all the time.
Cheers man, hang fire for a bit as I'm pretty much just free form typing a load of stuff at present. Once I nail it down to how I want it to be then I'll try and keep them to a minimum.. Wouldnt want you to waste you time on stuff thats just gonna be taken down..
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

You have a typo in the humdinger description.

Also, the humdinger is amazing!