Hey muttley ... a question about guitars

New Guitar Day? Obsessed with tone? 10 on the volume dial not enough? Celestion vs. Electrovoice? Cum in, feel the noize.
Lt. Bob

Re: Hey muttley ... a question about guitars

Post by Lt. Bob »

JD01 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:50 am Snark type things are fine knocking about the house, I wouldn't use one live though. You really need a pedal tuner that mutes everything.
all they have to do is turn the guitar volume off .... not any harder than stomping a pedal
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

shoot ....a bassist controls the band more than anyone else if he's any good.

Of course, he never gets laid but that's a different issue.
Bill L

Post by Bill L »

Lt. Bob wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:02 pm shoot ....a bassist controls the band more than anyone else if he's any good.

Of course, he never gets laid but that's a different issue.
True but most bass players I know barely even tune up. Their ax stays in tune even if you drop it off a building. :lollers2:

Seriously, my band couldn't go on without the bass player I have. He's just awesome.
muttley

Post by muttley »

I think we are all o9n the same page really. Tuners are great in the same way a microwave oven is great but it's still best to learn to cook shit properly before you just chuck it in the microwave and think thats cooking....

I am minded to nip over to HR for the first time in a year and c&p the tuning and temperament stickie that got listed there. There was some valuable stuff in there. Gerg, you should do that with the stickies you chucked up as well. They were/are go to stuff for this sort of board...

We did the best stickies, Great stickies, really great...Nobody does stickies like me and teh gerg...:)
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

muttley wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:20 pm I think we are all o9n the same page really. Tuners are great in the same way a microwave oven is great but it's still best to learn to cook shit properly before you just chuck it in the microwave and think thats cooking....

I am minded to nip over to HR for the first time in a year and c&p the tuning and temperament stickie that got listed there. There was some valuable stuff in there. Gerg, you should do that with the stickies you chucked up as well. They were/are go to stuff for this sort of board...

We did the best stickies, Great stickies, really great...Nobody does stickies like me and teh gerg...:)
Ha yeah I snatched my Drum sticky already and it's here somewhere.

Definitely get your guitar stickies and we'll make them stickies here too.
Rebel Yell
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Greg_L wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:28 pm
muttley wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:20 pm I think we are all o9n the same page really. Tuners are great in the same way a microwave oven is great but it's still best to learn to cook shit properly before you just chuck it in the microwave and think thats cooking....

Ha yeah I snatched my Drum sticky already and it's here somewhere.

Definitely get your guitar stickies and we'll make them stickies here too.
Is it in here greg? Ill go look and sticky it. I actually went looking for it yesterday for someone. Hmmm
:happytrees:
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Yea it totally is. Stickied. Sorry dude.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:37 pm

Is it in here greg? Ill go look and sticky it. I actually went looking for it yesterday for someone. Hmmm
Oh yeah, it's already stickied in the "Recording" section. Sorry. :minernuggs:
Rebel Yell
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Greg_L wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:39 pm
WhiskeyJack wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:37 pm

Oh yeah, it's already stickied in the "Recording" section. Sorry. :minernuggs:
Yea i just stickied it. Ffs. I should have done it when i first saw it pop up.
muttley

Post by muttley »

Good move. I'll grab some of my 101's over the weekend and you can stick em or not. It's all good...:)