Got my amp back yesterday

New Guitar Day? Obsessed with tone? 10 on the volume dial not enough? Celestion vs. Electrovoice? Cum in, feel the noize.
zed32
Location: On the beachside combing the sand, metal meter in my hand, sporting a pocket full of change

Got my amp back yesterday

Post by zed32 »

While at rehearsal a few weeks back, I noticed a nice column of smoke rising up from the back of my guitar amp. :crazy:

I took it to The Amp Lab out in Campbell, CA to get checked out, and despite having a long wait time, I was very pleased with the results. The fellow there replaced a few parts, did a full tune-up, and got everything nice and clean. The amp now sounds better than ever! I notice a lot less "noise" in the signal...I can't really remember what he said he did, since I'm dumb about tube amps, but that shit worked. :jam:

Now I'm realizing that there's really not much of a point to this thread. :coolstorybro:
Greg_L

Re: Got my amp back yesterday

Post by Greg_L »

What kind of amp you gots?
Rebel Yell
zed32
Location: On the beachside combing the sand, metal meter in my hand, sporting a pocket full of change

Post by zed32 »

Oh yeah, I guess I should have mentioned that it's a Rivera Knucklehead 100.

Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Cool, I've never heard one of those. Post up some tones in the tone thread.
Rebel Yell
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

I am familiar with the rising mushroom cloud scenario. I inadvertently caused the last one, passing a pint of beer over my amp head. One drop of beer dripped, went through the grille and took out a valve. :facepalm2:
Haggard Musician :mad:
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

Bubba wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:23 am I am familiar with the rising mushroom cloud scenario. I inadvertently caused the last one, passing a pint of beer over my amp head. One drop of beer dripped, went through the grille and took out a valve. :facepalm2:
I was once using a 50 watt marshall plexi with no can .... just a chassis and tubes all exposed.
A large glass of ice water fell and poured over it ..... every tube POWPOWPOWPOW ..... :D

Amp was fine though ... replaced tubes and no problem